Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Penne with Fresh Basil and Pasta

Penne with Fresh Basil and Pasta servings:4
8 oz. penne, cooked
3 c. chopped tomatoes
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach,
thawed and well drained
1/2 c. sliced scallions
1/2 c. snipped fresh basil or 1 1/2 T. dried
1/2 c. crumbled feta cheese
In a pot, combine pasta, tomatoes, spinach, scallions and basil. Cook, stirring often, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in feta and cook for 1 minute.

I substituted green onions for scallions and I would use fresh spinach next time. The family liked it but not how the spinach was in clumps, that's why I would use fresh next time


per serving:
About 355 calories, 6.1 g fat,(15% of calories), 19 mg cholesterol, 474 mg sodium, 4.1 g dietary fiber

Serve with grilled garlic bread:

1 loaf Italian bread, halved lengthwise
1/4 c. fat-free Italian dressing
2 cloves garlic, minced
Brush cut sides of bread with dressing. Sprinkle with garlic. I put in oven on 5oo for about 5 minutes or it say to grill it on the bbq.
per serving:
About 79 calories, 1 g fat(12% of calories), o mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 0.1 g dietary fibe


I love the ingredients in this dish


Most of the family don't like tomatoes so I couldn't mix them in.
Finished product ready to eat.

1 comment:

  1. hey cool idea for a blog! any time i can get some good (tested) low cal recipes, i'm all for that. I've lost 35 pounds now and surprisingly it get easier and easier to naturally avoid the bad and choose the good. I'll send you some recipes that i have liked. :)

    ReplyDelete